Friday 14 December 2012

Christmas nails no.3 snowflakes

Hey! I've been looking at some lovely snowflake nailart so I have done some ;). I wanted white over a dark colour, I chose my oldest nail polish: Barry M Vivid Purple. I've said this before but it's the purple twin of Barry M Navy and y'all know how much I luuurve Navy ;). Vivid purple is a gorgeous shimmery silky cadbury purple vampy, that despite its age it's still applies perfectly!
I added my new favourite Barry M Silver Diamonds over the top, only a thin coat though....ugh it's just so nice!
Soooo pretty! After the glitter was dried I took out my ol' wah nail art pen in white and drew the snowflakes on, I tried using the striper but it's pretty awful for small work so I just pen'd it ;).
 
 
 Then I added pearls and my new multicoloured black studs (which have turned totally black as I didn't put a topcoat on so I guess the colours have rubbed off :() to finish off the look. I love the pearls they make it feel super christmassy! I tried to think of different snowflakes for each nail, to give a bit of variety ;). They were all easy to do, just a cross with two diagonal lines for the base then add smaller lines to make the shapes :) or circles in the case of my index and middle fingernails.
 
My next post should be about nail art embellishments and where to buy them as I know that it can be quite frustrating to find them if you don't know where to look or what to search for!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love them, the snowflakes are so detailed! Can't believe you did every single one by hand.

Kas said...

This is amazing! And the fact that you can do it on both hands is perfectly is even better!

M. Fourey said...

It looks amazing, as everything you freehand, Lady! :) I'll be glad to see where you shop!

Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness! You are truly fabulous. Your patience always amazes me!! Love love love those snowflakes. How long did this take to do?

Jamie @ Polish, Please! said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Like i dont even have words its SO beautiful i just canttt
Xo
http://missycosmeticos.blogspot.com.br/

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger